PEOPLE AT THE HEART OF OUR BUSINESS
The Doublet group’s management style places people at the heart of the company, encourages initiative, making internal hierarchy as flexible as possible.
This management philosophy revolves around four key ideas:
• Planarchy : The notion of replacing hierarchy with task sharing across departments, on a project-by-project basis. We place great emphasis on taking responsibility and initiative.
• Openness : Involving everyone is essential for our team members’ motivation and well-being.
• Accessibility : The family feel within the company and the open-plan offices encourage everyone to work together more closely, with increased access to colleagues.
• Trust : Doublet recruits a diverse range of varied profiles and encourages its teams to have a sense of responsibility..
4 SHARED VALUES
ENtHoUSiASm Team spirit, dynamism and efficiency
ResPecTOur clients, deadlines, quality, and the environment
InNoVAtIoN aNd CRéATiVIty In all our products and services
A TasTE FOR enTrEPRisE Constantly moving forward
Our unique headquarters
204 steel tubes, 52 tonnes of double glazing, 1800 m² of open office space and a total height of 28 metres.
The tallest habitable European pyramid is where the Doublet group set up its headquarters and workshops (printing and welding) in the 1980s.
The building was designed to have a low eco footprint by making use of solar energy and ground source heat pumps.
A fan of science-fiction, Luc Doublet named the pyramid Algernon IV in honour of Daniel Keyes’ novel « Flowers for Algernon ».
The sculpture outside symbolises the company’s belief in man’s supremacy over technology and machines acting merely as a means of adding value to hum
Quite unique in the north of France, the building is a physical depiction of the structuralism, – the principle that all structures within the company should be
transparent and promote communication between staff, that inspired the company’s management philosophy. Valuing our people is the most important thing for us at Doublet, as proven by the special training room at the very top of the pyramid and the open office design throughout the building.
Doublet s'engage !
Depuis toujours, Doublet innove et conçoit des produits pour répondre au mieux aux attentes de ses clients. La qualité n’étant pas le seul enjeu à prendre en compte, Doublet a défini les axes majeurs qui fondent sa démarche environnementale commune à l’ensemble du groupe.
• Eco-friendly: At Doublet, we have always innovated and designed our products to best meet our clients’ needs. However, quality is not the only challenge to tackle. We have also outlined key focuses for the entire group’s environmental approach.
• Design: Favouring recycled or recyclable materials. Developing eco-innovation.
• Energy : Regularly measuring energy expenditure. Replacing old machinery. Reducing ink levels.
• Manufacture : Imprim’Vert (French eco-friendly printing) certification. Using non-toxic, solvent-free and zero-VOC inks.
• Waste : Collecting and sorting all office and workshop waste. Raising awareness about recycling among staff. Having specific bins for each type of waste.
• Logistics : Grouping orders. Prioritising rail transport. Making teams aware of eco-friendly behaviour.
• Recycling : Entering into partnerships with recyclers. Putting clients in touch with upcyclers. Donating materials to charities and artists.
Doublet also aims to constantly improve its corporate social responsibility.
The concepts of planarchy, openness and accessibility have all been an important part of the Doublet story for many years.
People lie at the heart of what we do.
We also support social inclusion by employing a large number of disabled workers, as well as opening our doors to young people, schoolchildren and work experience students.
Doublet also intends to extend our sustainable development policy beyond our own walls by working with suppliers who share our values.